My main goals are related to hot air ballooning for now, so not be distracted, I decided to stay away for a while from institutional music stuff. “Old habits” is a mixtape of BLOKAS and Nemuzika, two “brands” that I was (or am or will be) involved with. It’s quite dark, but with a happy ending.
1. Logos - Atlanta 96 (Limitless Mix) [Keysound]
2. Zed Bias - Flamm (feat. Chunky) [Swamp 81]
3. Wen - Road [Keysound]
4. Magnum - Dense (French Fries Remix) [92 Points]
5. Liar - Tequila Mockingbird (fear. Druid Cloak) [Origami Sound]
6. Wen - Nightcrawler [Keysound]
7. Lil Silva - Mask [Good Years]
8. King Midas Sound - Earth A Kill Ya (Gang Gang Dance Rework) [Hyperdub]
9. Arca - Ass Swung Low [Uno]
10. Fis - CE Visions [Tri Angle]
11. Egyptrixx - A.C.C.R. [Night Slugs]
12. Tommy Jacob - Like Dis [Diamante]
13. Kon - Ness Bike [Astro Nautico]
14. Sophie - Elle [Numbers]
15. Magnum - All Over Me [92 Points]
16. Oceania - Cloth [7even]
17. Sinistarr & Texel - Decibell [Tectonic Plates]
18. Rone - Bye Bye Macadam [InFine]
reality, that I disagree with.
Judith Butler talks about gender and identity. We had a lecture about that and it made me realise several things related to my master’s thesis. For example, if the social sphere is responsible for the formation of the identity (not the people’s inner world) , what should we explore: the action or the actors? If we form someone’s identity we depend only on their actions - not their character itself. That’s why it’s so easy to have multiple identities - we act different in different environments.
This ad won Grand Prix in Cannes Lions. Just a few days ago I was in cinema watching a bunch of ads and most of them were better than the majority of movies. And this one… It’s a perfect example of how media can transform the content and a perfect example of how powerful the form is.
My friend Domas made a short documentary (lithuanian only) about Vytukas. I find it interesting to watch for those interested in personalities or just to know what kind of people live around you.
Digitalisation is kind of old-story already, but here’s a nice visualisation of how processes can be translated into formulas or digits. The problem (or the question) is, how much does it reduce the reality itself? Does a physical law is just a bunch of numbers in some sort of order? Furthermore, can we recreate the reality from these numbers? We know that we can simulate or copy, but again, are these copies of the same value?